Symbio Provider Connect for Twilio is a service that enables Twilio customers to setup voice carriage in Singapore. Customers will be able to:
- port Singapore phone numbers (Level 6 numbers only)
- order new Singapore phone numbers (Level 3 and/or Level 6 numbers)
- access Singapore call termination
Porting Singapore phone numbers
In Singapore, Symbio offers porting for Level 6 (PSTN) phone numbers.
General porting requirements:
- The full list of numbers that you wish to port in E164 format
- Number Portability Application signed by the Authorised Officer currently appointed with the losing carrier. (If the Authorised Officer had changed you will need to first update these details with the exisiting carrier prior to porting)
- The Number Portability Application must have your company stamp affixed
- Appointment of Authorised Officer form will also be required for regulatory purposes (for Level 6 numbers the Authorised Officer must be Singapore-based, as an international address is not sufficient)
- Porting request with all requirements in place, and send to our 'orders' email address below
- The porting request is reviewed by Symbio. This can take up to 24 business hours. Your request is then submitted to your soon-to-be former carrier as a port request. During this time, do not close your account with your carrier and keep your numbers active.
- Symbio reaches out to the Losing Carrier. This can take around one week to complete.
- Your current provider may attempt to contact you to confirm you are porting your numbers over, it is important that you answer this call otherwise your port may be rejected.
- Response from the carrier. At this point, your request will either be approved or rejected:
Approved: If approved, you will receive a porting date of when your number will be ported to Symbio for use with Twilio.
Rejected: Rejections can occur for a variety of reasons, such as an incorrect PIN for an account, an address or zip code that doesn’t match the current carrier’s record or a port request made by an unauthorized user on the account.
Additionally, you will likely need to reach out to your losing carrier to find out what’s needed to move forward. Depending on the needs of the carrier, this will add an undetermined amount of time to your porting request.
- Symbio reaches out to you with your porting date. Symbio will email you of your porting date for when your number will be transferred to Symbio for use with Twilio. Once your porting date has passed, and you’ve verified the number has transferred to your Twilio project, you can begin using your number. Please configure your number at this time.
- Configure your number. It is critical to set up the URL in advance of the port date so that everything is ready for when traffic ports over to Twilio. You can configure the numbers from your Twilio account portal.